Monday, March 24, 2008
Mancat Monday and Chinese Cat Roundups
Happy Mancat Monday Everyone! We are not sure if we told you about Mr. Chen's fascination with string but he loves the stuff. In fact, he's totally addicted to it. Sometimes Ollie gets in on the string action, too..
UPDATE: The Easter Bunny did not bring the blurpy girl yesterday. We were all wondering but nope, not yet...
In other nooos, we here are all very upset about the Chinese cat round-ups and inhumane treatment we first read about on the Cat Realm's blog. We signed the petition but there must be more we can do together to create awareness about this and try to make it stop. Since we were all feeling a little helpless, we did some googling to see what else we could do to help.
We propose some ideas of how we can work together to stop this horrible feline genocide in China. (Many of these were found on the Toronto Humane Society's website.)
1. If every kitty in the cat blogosphere were to write a letter to the local and major media outlets, perhaps it would help gain enough attention.
2. Contact the International Olympics Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you work for or are willing to contact the humane society in your area, ask them to collectivtly write to the IOC and the Beijing Games organizers and Media and Communication contacts.
4. Contact and write to the sponors of the games to let them know if they don't step in and put pressure on the Chinese organizers and government to end their inhumane cat genocide, animal lovers around the world will never buy their products.
5. Write to or contact the Chinese ambassador for your country and ask him or her to intervene now!
What else can we do together to make this stop???