Thursday, July 05, 2007
Thursday Thirteen # 8
Thirteen things we love about Lansdowne, our forever hometown.
For this week's installment of Thursday Thirteen, we thought we'd share 13 things about our forever hometown, Lansdowne. We won't let Mommy and Daddy know where our original hometowns are but we love our new hometown a lot and wanted to tell all the kitties and beans about it.
1. It is very close to the city of Philadelphia but not so close that it's noisy or too cramped.
2. Because it is close, Mommy's commute to work is not so bad and she can get home and feed us stinky goodness quicker.
3. It has a coffee shop called Regency Cafe where daddy likes to get coffee everyday on his way to the train station. It also has a Mexican restaurant called Mission Burito and many other fun places. Recently, it started a weekly Farmers Market, too.
4. It has an annual Arts Festival. We haven't been to this yet but mommy and daddy say it is very nice. It also has its own Symphony Orchestra.
5. It has an annual Paws for Kindness Day sponsored by the Animal Friends of Lansdowne. We posted about this back in May and we're working on our leash and harness skills so we can walk in the big parade next year. (Leash and harness skills are hard though. We haven't gotten much past letting mommy put them on and then rolling around trying to bite them off yet. We're working on it, though.)
6. It has a small town feel even though it is very near a big city. Our neighbors are very nice and watch out for one another.
7. There are a lot of Victorian houses. A neighbor told mommy it has the largest number of Victorian era homes in one square mile in all of the US but we're not sure we believe that yet. Our house was built in 1890. That is a long time ago, we think.
8. It is only 1 square mile.
9. Our immediate next-door neighbors are very kind, especially the lady - Christine. She and her new husband are both singers in the Philadelphia Opera Company. Their woofie, Suzie, is pretty cool for a woofie, too. We don't know if she sings too, though.
10. There is an annual 4th of July parade and fireworks. This is nice but we wish the loud scary noises would not happen.
11. There are a lot of trees. This means more shade to keep us cool in the summer!
12. Because there are so many trees there are also many, many birdies and squirrels and other wildlife. This is very entertaining for us kitties.
13. It is where we live now with Mommy and Daddy!! Of course, this is the best reason, don't you agree?