Sunday, May 27, 2007
True Confessions Kitty Style
We have been tagged by our good friend, Chairman Mao, for the True Kitty Confessions Meme which was started by Mao Mao's sister, Marilyn MonREOW. The way it works is we get to confess as many naughty things as we want and then tag as many kitties as we want to play along (this is going to be fun!). Here are our true confessions, kitty style:
Mr. Chen's True Kitty Confessions
1. I wake daddy up by nibbling at his toes very early in the morning.
2. I like to dirty up and play with the mat by the door.
3. As has been noted in an earlier post, sometimes I emerge from the litter box with a bit of litter on my nose.
4. I like to shred the ugly hamper in the upstairs hallway (really I'm helping mommy get a new one quicker!)
5. I like to stand up tall and scratch on the screens in the back door and in the windows. Mommy and Daddy are a little worried about this. I may need to stop doing it otherwise, they will realize I'm trying to break through to catch those birdies.
6. I run and hide in closets as soon as mommy or daddy opens the door. Ollie does, too. We do this even though Mommy and Daddy say "No Chenny. No closets!"
Ollie's True Kitty Confessions
1. I attack computers for the hell of it now. When I was little I thought there was something on the screen to catch called a mouse. Now that I understand, I just pretend that I still want to catch it by scratching at the computer and trying to attack that mouse to keep mommy and daddy on their toes.
2. I like to eat zippers. I've eaten 3 out of 4 of the zippers off of mommy's favorite comfy pants. One more to go! (NB. Don't swallow the zipper if you are going to try this at home.)
3. I climb shower curtains and curtains. It's fun. I can't help myself. Sometimes, I just like to stick my head under the bottom of the curtain and then twirl around in it, too.
4. I pull up carpet. See, there is this really ugly carpet in the house left over from the previous owners. Mommy and Daddy say they hate it and can't wait to pull it all up finally. I'm just helping them do it quicker.
5. I like to wake mommy and daddy up very very early by trying to climb up and catch the bedroom ceiling fan. The way I usually do this is by generally pacing and meowing and jumping around from dresser to dresser or even on top of the very top of the dresser near the ceiling.
6. As Chenny mentioned, we have a thing for closets. Love to run in them as soon as the door opens. Actually, Chenny and I have a system. When mommy or daddy opens the door, we secretly signal each other and one bolts in while the other provides a distraction. It's very effective. Try it next time!
7. I love to climb on tables and counters. Mommy and Daddy try to get mad at me but I am slowly but surely teaching them that counters are the best place to get kisses and hugs since we can make really good eye contact there.
8. WARNING - DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DO NOT LOVE ANIMALS: I tried to eat my own poop once. Just once. And, I promise I'll never try it again. Somehow it got out of the box with me. I got nervous. Didn't want to get yelled at so I tried to eat the evidence. Unfortunately, this plan seemed to backfire as mommy seemed more upset than ever and made me stop. Immediately.
Wow. This was very CAThartic! Thanks, Marilyn for such an inspired meme. And, thanks to Mao Mao for tagging us.
Now, we tag Jeter Harris, Honey P. Sunshine, Luna, and Monty Q. Kat. Can't wait to read all your true kitty confessions, too!